Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

 

I’m not Irish but I can celebrate with the best of ‘em!  No, that doesn’t necessarily mean green beer but instead the McDonald’s Shamrock Shake.

6a3e30f19af976b6abc211f936abc395

Let me explain….since our kids were little, every St. Pat’s day my husband stopped after work for a surprise shamrock shake for all of us (I preferred the chocolate shake which was always greeted with boos from all of them!)  We were quite strict with the sweets, so this before- dinner treat was always welcome.

It’s a nice memory now.

Even though we are retired and the kids are gone he  still picks those shakes up every St. Pat’s day and thinks he is still surprising me with it. Kind of cute but I wish he would remember that I prefer the chocolate!!!!!!

849779@N25

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised you don't like the shamrock shake! I love them and even freeze them in my freezer so I can enjoy them a few weeks after they are gone :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete