Friday, January 21, 2011

Brrrrrrr…

We’re in the deep freeze here in the midwest, temps sub-zero, windchills in the –20’s.

For some reason, the meteorologists keep repeating these miserable numbers – making us feel worse. My inside birds are warm & toasty.

My pink parakeet :

My Pink Parakeet

and two cockatiels :

DSCN1258Copy of DSCN1259

and the big guy KuKu, my cockatoo :

DSCN1255

and I think I hear the occasional snicker as they watch their outside brethren at the birdfeeders…..

DSCN0036IMG_2010

DSCN0035

Shame on you guys……

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love your birds! I have one cockatiel and I would like to get a parrot, but now right now. I have too many pets.
    I have heard about your low temps on the news. That is amazing. We are going down to -5, nothing near as bad you people though!
    Have a warm night!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't know you had birds! They are very cute.

    We are having a rough time with this cold too. We are in Michigan so we are feeling those negative wind chills. Hope you're staying warm, and hopefully spring will come quicker than we think!

    Nicole and Macho

    ReplyDelete