Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jury Duty

thumbnail

 

A few weeks ago, I got the dreaded letter in the mail  calling me to jury duty.

I had done it once before a few years ago, so I knew what to expect……0511-1007-0917-3658

Loooong wait to be called then verbally answering questions about myself in the courtroom while lawyers decided if they wanted me or not, listening to opening statements, testimony, depositions, closing arguments, to say nothing of the numerous “sidebars”.

It was a civil case and not a criminal one, and really quite clear-cut. As a jury, we came to a decision fairly quickly, x11987492 all in pretty much agreement and only needing 10 out of 12 to agree.

When all was said and done, I walked out of the courtroom, happy to have done my duty and awe-inspired by the wonderful judicial system we enjoy in our country.

Maybe next time I won’t cringe and wonder “again?”  when/if I get that letter again.

(but knowing me, I probably will!!)

                           flagpole2

No comments:

Post a Comment